Monday, September 11, 2006

The Beginning



My flight out of Chicago is only 9 hours away, and the adventure will have truly begun. I will be spending the afternoon in LA with friends and fly out of LA at 11:30 tomorrow night. I am not really sure how this works, but I think I will then arrive Thursday sometime in Fiji.

I am both nervous and excited about what the next days, weeks, year hold for me, but I intend to keep anyone interested informed through this blog. Feel free to read up and post comments if you are so interested. Comments would be alot of fun to read, but as an FYI to anyone posting comments, my entire family does have access to the blog (all ages), so keep that in mind when making your remarks.

This is the "before" picture for the trip. That backpack contains all my clothing, dobb kit, towel, and bedding for the next year, with the exception of my Ipod and a few books in my carry on pack. I am going to be mobile.

I will be updating this as often as possible, so keep checking.

Before I sign off and get on my way, I would like to recognize a few people who have helped me get on my way:

My parents - for making this possible in so may ways (and because you can never go wrong thanking them)

My brother Dave - for putting me up and putting up with me and taking my wheels of my hands

Sarah B. - for the advice, visa assistance, and the steak

To my family and friends - the encouragement, excitement, and support everyone has generated towards the trip has been great.

Until next time.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so excited for you. Can't wait to see the progressive pictures and how many bags you come home with. Your bag served me GREAT on my trip around the world and i hope it brings you as many discoveries and adventures. Logan, Rob, and i are so excited to read about your trip. we have your blog bookmarked and ready. Love and Luck the whole journey!!!

 
At 6:35 AM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Kevin! I know you will have an exciting adventure - I can't wait to read all about it. I can't believe I got a special mention - thanks for the recognition but everything was entirely my pleasure!

 
At 9:44 AM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin

Great idea on the blog. I look forward to reading it often. It is already bookmarked. Have safe travels and we will keep you in our prayers.

Uncle Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home