Monday, November 06, 2006

Slow Blogging

After a steady stream of fun adventures, the blog has slown down a bit. I have been doing some job hunting and started working at Macquarie Bank today. It seems like a pretty good place, the one investment bank based in Oz. The people are nice. They have me on contract for the length of my work visa - February. So I will be here in Sydney for a while. Next up I am trying to find an apartment, and I think it would be cool to live near a beach. However, everyone else seems to think so too, as I am having no luck. Thanks to everyone for dropping lines.

On a random note, both mullets and mohawks seem to be popular here.....go figure.

One fun thing, is that my second day of work is going to be a short one. Tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup. It is a horse race, the biggest of the year. It is like always having the Kentucky Derby on a Tuesday. Everyone in Melbourne has the day off for the party and most the rest of Australia takes the afternoon to hang out and watch it. The best I can compare it to is what happens when the first round of the NCAA starts on Thursday/Friday. So apparently we are donig something for it too.

Until next time.....

5 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, November 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-Bo, you are my hero - I am jealous of your great adventures. Keep up the posts, we are following your travels through the Internet.

Hope you're doing well, buddy.

Tony Mohr

 
At 10:44 AM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin - you have been busy since my last comment! Hope you enjoy Cup Day...even if you will be watching it from Sydney! If you would have gone to Melbourne(like I told you to do), you could have been there for the action and laid down a bet or two. :)

Enjoy your time in Oz and send me some Tim Tams and Barbeque Shapes if you would like. They are the best!

Hope all is well!

PS - make sure you take the train up to the Blue Mountains for a day hike. You will love them.

 
At 11:49 PM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey surfmate! if you still looking for an flat, contact me, may be i have some nice homepages and places. I will stay till mid jan in Sydney, so let us be pissed toghethet (or something else...)
cheers
Christopher

mob.:0424273311
christopher.bartel@web.de

 
At 1:42 PM, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - such exciting adventures! Chicago misses Kevin Bochenek...doesn't look like Kevin is missing Chicago! Have you found a place yet? Just got done reading your entire blog spot. Such beautiful countryside. Looks liek you sure caught some waves. Loved the KPMG client surfing event. Did we ever do anything that cool when I was making history showing KPMG who the greatest auditor in audit history was?!! JK ;) Hope you are great and can't wait for the next blog/picture! Be careful and keep living it up!

Lindsey Sorensen

 
At 11:31 AM, December 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin! I ran into Neal in Springpatch the other night and he reminded me of your blog so I thought I would check in and see how you were doing. Your travels look amazing and I am so jealous! Keep having a wonderful time and enjoying life!!

Lauren Tomten(Schmidt)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home