Floating Village




I am very excited to show these photos as the most amazing place I have seen during my travels, it was something beyond what my imagination could picture when I was told we were going to the 'floating village'. I expected some boats lashed together that attracted tourists. I was completely wrong, it has 600 homes, lined in streets, and over 2000 people that live there. Its just, you need a boat or to swim where you are going. There is a hill that sticks out of the water - and that is where the buddhist temple is, and where the kids are schooled. The monk there spoke english so we could talk to him for a bit. These people have their houses on stilts, and depending which season (wet/dry) the village is completely surrounded by water. They even have their cooking fires on these wooden houses. Just an unreal place to see and visit. It was not always the best feeling taking photos, though, because it would be like someone was in your house taking pictures of your day to day life. Could say tons, but not sure there is any more that needs to be added here. Oh well, on to the next spot - the floating forest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home