Monday, December 03, 2007

Sunrise at East Peak - Hua Shu





Day 2 on Hua Shu, it is about 5 AM and we are bundled up in the dark getting ready for the hour climb to east peak. 5:10AM - Kevin has now thrown up 4 times and is feeling pretty terrible. Truthfully, I felt alot better after I finished getting sick, but it did not make for an easy day. Although I attempted to tell my group to go ahead without me, they laughed and needless to say, I made East Peak. Did I mention it was really cold? Yes, it was. Oh, and the clouds blocked the sunrise, but it did get lighter while we were there. One mate on the tour, Nick, brought a kite he had purchased in Xi'an and we flew that. Also, it is considered to be good luck and bring good fortune to leave a padlock on the chain. It is better luck and fortune the higher you leave the lock. The little green one is mine, and it is hanging on East Peak. In other randomness,there was a guy in a suit carrying his computer bag at East Peak, not sure how he wasnt frostbitten. It is possible my lack of winter has reduced my tolerance for cold.......

Oh, in another random tidbit, a couple people in our group who did not want to go to East Peak waited for us at North Peak and were told by a few people they heard someone getting sick on the way to east peak. It was nice to know that news travels even on the mountain top. They found it funny that it was me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home