New Zealand Begins
Sorry it has taken so long to begin the blog postings for New Zealand, but between my camera going missing and returning, lack of good internet access, and really just the fact I have been too busy doing these great things to have time to keep updating.
I flew into Christchurch, New Zealand, on its South Island last Friday, the 22nd. The next morning I joined the Magic Bus tour. It is basically a hop on-hop off bus around the Island where you can stay in each town for as long as you like. As I only have 16 days, I have to be selective.
The first day we take the bus to the town of Kaikoura. It is not a big town, but amazing scenery. Its major tourist attractions are whale watching and swimming with dolphins, but I did not do either of those activities, just wandered around. As I have come to realize, the south island of NZ is just one amazing view after another, and my pictures do the country little justice. As it is, I will put some on here to try and give you all an idea. I have probably hundreds more, but there just isn't time and space here, so I am being selective.
This is probably the best view of Kaikoura. It is an overlook of the city, bay, and mountans in the background. The other is a picture of a seal, as there were several stops the bus made in order to get a closer look at these NZ residents.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home