Into the Outback



Hello and welcome back. After heaps of updates about Oz's beaches and cities, it was time for me to get a taste of what most of Oz really looks like. And that is a massive desert. It is no wonder 16 of the 20 million people live within 100km of the coasts (remember it is as large as the continental US). That being said, the outback is beautiful, it was a fantastic trip out there. I flew into Alice springs (see picture above), a town of 26,000 with a US military base no less. This explains the existence of the baseball diamonds in the town. Another interesting fact, Alice Springs has more water than Melbourne or Brisbane combined. Maybe fact is to strong, but that is what I heard, anyway. Hence it is named for Alice's Spring. I then left alice springs on a fast paced three day camping trip/tour to Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (Olga's), and King's Canyon. Even though the scenery rarely changed, I honestly did not tire of it this weekend. It is spectacular out there. More on this is the subsequent posts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home