Monday, December 03, 2007

The Great Wall - what else do I need to say?





Alright, welcome to the Great Wall. It is the single thing I most anticipated seeing and was one of the main reasons I went to China, not least of all with Active Asia. All I can say, is it was so far beyond what I imagined. It iS HUGE! It goes on forever, it is incredibly tall, and to top it all off, it was built on TOP OF A MOUNTAIN RANGE. The sheer thought of its construction is mindboggling. And all the photos you are seeing is our hike on a 15km section of wall that has not been repaired in any way. It has held together that well. The trek on top of the wall was fun, too. A bunch of up and down and some scrambling for little parts of it. Some sections are too collapsed or steep to climb, so you get off the wall for sections. So yeah, its amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home