Picton and Nelson, NZ
This picture is of me at the center of New Zealand, over Nelson.This picture is of myself and Jess and the Yellow Submarine, our sea kayak.

These pictures are of Abel Tasman national park and Nelson, as seen from the center of New Zealand.
The next stop on the bus tour was a town of Picton. It is the South Island Ferry Point where
people on the Magic Bus tour of the North Island join up on the South Island tour. I had not intended to stop there as there is nothing going on, but the bus schedule forced me to stay the night. As it turned out, I got extremely lucky I was held up at this point, because if I had gone on, I might not have met the great group that joined up on the bus that day. It is a fun group who joined up there, and I am still travelling with them right now. The 3 that I have done almost every activity with since that point are Jess, Paul, and Mary. Jess and Paul are from England and Mary is from Florida. The will be appearing in a number of the pictures going forward from here. Stephen (Ireland), Wiggy, Sam, and Caity (also England) have been going on the same bus route as us as well and it has been good fun.
From Picton, we went on to Nelson. Nelson is the major town nearest to the Abel Tasman National Park. We stayed in Nelson for 2 nights so that we could go on a day excursion into Abel Tasman. The first half of the day was sea kayaking around the edge of the park and then we did a 10.5 km hike back through the park. Abel Tasman is pretty amazing, and it was a great day.

2 Comments:
Hi Kev,
I am glad to see that you have your camera and pictures back. I don't know how you found them but I'm happy for you! Did you locate your sunglasses as well? It was great talking to you the other night. Your trip continues to be amazing and I am really enjoying your pictures. It's nice to know that you have hooked up with fun people. Take good care of yourself, be safe, and stay in touch. Love, Mom
Kevin...you sly dog. Kayak partners, huh? With your gun show, it's no wonder you are such a hit.
Your trip is amazing. I love reading the updates, but the pictures really are fantastic.
In case nobody's informed you, the Bears are 4-0 and pretty much the best team in the history of the world. ND still looks shaky, even in an easy win against Purdue.
I can't wait to read your next adventure. I'm off on my own pretty soon...Oct 14 is the big day, then to Italy! Maybe KPMG will forget about me! Dare to dream.
Take care pal!
eric
Post a Comment
<< Home