Gerat Wall Day 2





Welcome back to the Great wall. This day had to be one of the single most fun I have had. We had about a half day of up and down the unrepaired wall, when, in the first picture, we come down to the repaired section. Notice the sign telling people not to go past - well, that is where the tourist bit finishes, just after a decent set of stairs. You feel a bit like you own the wall when you see them excited about reaching the end of their section, and seeing about a dozen dusty and dirty people come down from above them, and watch them wonder what it is they missed. I thought it was fun, but I realize most people do not have the opportunity I have had, and the Chinese did an excellent job repairing the wall. It is a great walk on it. And not only did we walk, but I mate, Micheal, and I raced for part of it. Yes, I laid down on the Great Wall (When else would I have the chance), and we just played around and enjoyed the day. And, to top it all off (and to prove its the tourist bit), you dont have to walk down. The end of the section is basically a bobsled ride on wheels. And its Fast, well, enough that you can easily go off the track if you choose to not brake for the ride. It is also very annoying if an old lady rides her brake so half way down, your fun has ended. A great finish nonethelsess, and I would highly recommend a visit to the Great Wall to anyone.

1 Comments:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment
<< Home