Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Year Later - Farewell Sydney




Hello once again from Sydney. I am writing my last blog entry as a resident of Sydney, Australia and it just dawned on me that it is exactly one year from the day I flew out of the USA. It has been a remarkable year for me, a very happy one. I have seen and done so many remarkable things, visited tons of places, and made a bunch of new friends. And I still have several months of travel to go. I leave Sydney Monday and begin travelling again, returning to Illinois in time for Christmas. I have been very lucky to have had so many great opportunities, and to still have so many more to come.
First and foremost, I absolutely love Sydney, hands down the best place I have ever lived. With the weather getting better (as in, yesterday, today, tomorrow, all perfect - AGAIN), it is tormenting me about leaving. Now granted, it was only 13C in Bondi when I got in in the picture above, but just bodysurfing again was a reminder of one of the many things that made this place for me, as well as the pictures of the coast in my neighborhood above. I realize, you have seen these innumerable times, but I never get tired of being there, or taking them. The beach and coast and setting and weather is the thing I will miss the second most. The first being my new friends and the third being Pieface's meat pie's and sausage rolls. I am sad to be leaving, but I do miss everyone back home and look forward to catching up when I get back. (although I do find it easier to travel when ND is struggling) I could go on for ages about Sydney, but a few final remarks. Special thanks to Tim and Donny for bringing me into 22 Keiran st, remember to keep the end of September 08 open. I also want to bid farewell friends from St. Mary's as well, good luck with SYD-WYD. Thanks also to everyone at MIG and DUET.
I honestly think I will be back in Sydney at some point, I just don't know that will be yet.

And since I will be on the move again, look for slighly more frequent blog updates in new and interesting locations. Alright, it is time to get moving, so until next time......

6 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev,

What a great entry in the blog. Can only imagine the mixed emotions you must have. Take care, travel safe and we always look forward to hearing from you.

dad

 
At 7:22 PM, September 13, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is...WOW! It sounds like you have had an amazing time there, but we are very excited for you to come back home. You have a room in Colorado, so start planning your ski trip.

Love
Rachel & Bob

 
At 7:30 PM, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin,
I am so glad that you had this great opportunity. We can all live vicariously through you. Can't wait to hear more about your continuing travels. Be safe.

Aunt Jeanie

 
At 8:10 PM, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhh, Dave gets an entire blog post for his visit, and I don't get even a cursory mention, not to mention a picture or my own blog post. I'm gonna start my own blog, all about my trip to Australia. Its gonna be waaaaay sweeter than yours.

 
At 7:13 AM, September 18, 2007, Blogger Khang Le H. (Adrian) said...

Hi Kevin,

I just started to read all your entries from this blog (that you gave on your last day - Sun with Embrace group Syd). This is a beautiful journal of yours which I find very helpful for me to my upcoming trips uncovering Australia. Such a great and interesting experience Kevin! good wording as well so I would keep reading in order to improve my English. You have a great family support which is very important to your time of travelling. Keep up - Good luck and may we stay in touch.

Khang
(hope you could recognise me)

 
At 5:54 AM, September 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great experience this has been for you. I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming travels. Keep us posted!
Take care!
Chrissy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home