Hakone




Hakone is about an hour from Tokyo to the southwest on the Shinkansen (bullet train), and honestly, I never would have stopped here, but during my first night in Tokyo I was having dinner and a Japanese man started talking to me (he went to boarding school in boston and spoke excellent english.) He even bought me a beer and appetizer, nice guy. Anyway, after we had our conversation, i asked him if there was one place he would go, and he suggested it to me, so away I went. Hakone is beautiful, and I had a clear day to see Mt Fuji, which does not always happen. Also, Hakone is very slow paced, and i was worn down from months of on the go and trekking (yeah, i know, I am on holiday, i am not complaining, i am just saying). And the guesthouse was perfect for relaxing- more on that in a minute. Anyway, a fantastic place to see and relax. There was a couple more reasons i was such a big fan of this place, the posts to follow....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home