Thursday, January 03, 2008

Aloha from Hawaii






Alright, I am going to put a few more posts up regarding the last stop of my adventure - Hawaii. For starters, it is great getting to cruise through US customs after standing in so many lines in so many other places.
And to state the obvious - Hawaii is amazingly beautiful. It is rare there is a place that rainbows and waterfalls can be so frequently seen. It was also really interesting to see how different the two islands I saw were, and to talk to people who live there, that variety carries over into the other islands as well. My first stop was the island of Oahu, the home of Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. There, I was taken good care of by my lovely hosts, Mary and Sarah. We spent a few days on the North Shore watching the Triple Crown Pipemasters surf contest, and I even saw a meteor shower. That was spectacular. I was also treated to Bubbly's Mochi Ice Cream, which is a ball of ice cream in a sweet rice substance coating, allowing for hte things to be eaten by hand. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home