Going to the Opera


Alright, in previous posts, you have seen a wide variety of pictures of the Sydney Opera house - on the outside.
I decided it was time to see what it was like on the inside while seeing my first opera.
The Opera was the Wedding of Figaro, by Mozart. I will not bore people with plot details, but the music was excellent. For the un-initiated, it was in Italian, like all operas. Luckily it had surtitles, which give a blurb about what is going on. The people who performed it were very talented, but since you have no idea what is being said, it sounds like you are being yelled at from time to time.
As you can see from the photos above, all my shots turned out terribly. It is much more picturesque on the outside. The acoustics are outstanding and it is cool to see a show in there. All in all, I am glad I went to the Opera in the Opera house and I enjoyed it, but in an odd way it is like bungee jumping. I had fun doing it, but I won't be in a hurry to do it again.

1 Comments:
Kevin,
There are very subtle, sophisticated differences between opera and yelling. Lots of wine help in the descrimination process.
Leo & Mary Anne
Post a Comment
<< Home